Cultural Competence in Health and Human Services
The curriculum targets service providers, front line staff, and interpreters and covers three areas: healthcare, education, and human services.
The workshop consists of two half-day modules:
Module One: How to Work with an Interpreter
- Language access requirements
- Best practices in language access
- How to work with trained & untrained interpreters
Module Two: Cultural Competence in Health and Human Services
- Requirements, standards, and legislation for culturally-competent services
- The LEARN Model for culturally-competent services
- Developing a cultural competence plan for your organization
This session will help your organization promote equal access to public and community services, and reduce health and educational disparities. The curriculum is based on national standards for cultural and linguistic competence from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health. It’s also based on federal laws, national best practices, and cultural competence training standards.
There are no on-site courses scheduled at this time. Check back soon!